Friday, August 19, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

School starts on Monday, I can't believe how fast the summer went! Here is a little of what we did, like taking silly pictures in the kitchen!!
Maggie actually kept this cute hat on for a couple of hours, so I had to get a picture. She likes to wear them for like 2 minutes and then they are gone!!


We got to go swimming a lot this summer. There is something about kids and water, they just attract each other and my kids can't get enough of playing in water!!




McCray loved the slip n slide this summer. Cahl, not so much. By the end of the summer, Cahl did get to where he would run down the slide. McCray was a natural and thanks to the slip n slide, our grass got watered this summer!


In June we got to go to Bear Lake with our Utah cousins. There wasn't a beach, so we just go to stand and throw rocks in the water. It was a fun Sole Sister weekend! I ran a half-marathon and Mere, Beth and Camille ran the 5K. It was a blast and I think it should become a tradition!


Maggie was taking a nap when we went down to the lake, here is my niece Morgan. She is super sassy and I am sure she and Maggie are going to get into lots of trouble together!



Cahl and Noah are a year apart, and I can already tell Mere and I are going to have our hands full with those two. They are trying to find the biggest rocks to throw into the lake, never mind that Morgan was standing right there and they can't throw that far yet!!


This was McCray's last year in t-ball and I was his coach and Cahl was my assistant. He loved it, but said that he is ready for coach pitch next year. It was really fun coaching and I am sure that I will coach Cahl's them next year.


We went on a hike to Zappate falls with Logan's Mom and sister Chera and her family. It was fun and whenever someone comes and visits, (hint-hint) we will definitely have to take them there. The kids loved it!


Here are the boys and our cousin Cash in their "hot tub." Really it is our sand box full of water. I loved the summer putting the hose in our sand box and making chocolate milk rivers and little cities, so the boys get to do this a lot.


Relaxing in the hot tub!!


Maggie grew like 4 inches this summer, I think it was all the sleeping she did. Having both her brothers at home was exhausting!! I love watching my kids sleep, they look like little angels to me!!

All in all, it was a pretty good summer and we got to spend a lot of time together, which I loved!! Onto school and more adventures!!


























2 comments:

Todd and Jenn said...

Looks so fun Cynd! We are playing some serious phone tag. Hope all is well.

Loveable Luceros said...

oh my goodness your kids are getting so big!!! It's amazing how fast they all grow up!! Glad to see you blogging again. Take care!!