Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lasagna Recipe

I made this recipe today and love it and can't stop eating it. It makes a TON, I am not joking, but is really good and pretty easy. I am a huge fan of the crockpot. I got it from my mom's ward cookbook it's from Bethne Hickox. Thought I would share.
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground Italian sausage ( I used regular and it is still super yummy)
2 lb. 13 oz. spaghetti sauce
2, 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
32 0z. Ricotta cheese
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1, 8 oz. package of oven ready lasagne noodles
1, 16 oz. block mozarella cheese shredded

In a skillet, cooke meat until browned; remove from heat and drain any excess oil. Stir in spagetti and tomato sauces. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, basil and oregano. In the crock-pot, layer the following: meat sauce, uncooked lasagne noodles, cheese mixture, meat sauce, mozarella cheese. Repeat the layers until the ingredients have been used. Cook on low for approximately 4 hours.

I did this before we went to church and when we got back it was yummy and helped me not be so grumpy after church! :)

4 comments:

Tomena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tomena said...

Yummy I'm gunna have to try it! I love your family pic... I still gotta do that. Cute blog... it's going to be fun to keep in touch this way.

Marci said...

Oh Cyndi! You are still alive! Good job on your race. I laughed so hard about the mother nature part. I just experienced that on Friday during my 6 mile run. I almost didn't make it home! Anyway, too much info for a public blog. I am going to have to try that recipe. Thanks for sharing. Miss you!

Todd and Jenn said...

I love lasagna! I'll have to try this. I lost your number, when you get a chance e-mail me it at jennlofgren@gmail.com.