Saturday, August 1, 2009

Update

Here is the update I know that you have all been waiting for. I will do it in the order that the pictures downloaded.
We celebrate the 24th here. It is a big weekend celebration. Sanford has their celebration on Thursday and Manassa has a big celebration on Friday and Saturday around or on the 24th. Manassa has a carnival and rodeo and Moto X races and a parade on Fri and Sat morning. It is really fun!!


McCray and Cash riding the carousel in Manassa. They were really cute they would yell " Yee Haw" and whip the horses to go faster. True cowboys!!

Cahl and Ireland on the carousel. Cahl loved riding the rides and nothing scared him.


McCray running in the foot races in Sanford. Sanford's celebration is really family oriented and fun. In the morning they have a parade followed by a bbq and then footraces in the afternoon and then a family dance in the evening.

McCray and Cash riding their bikes in the parade in Sanford. They loved riding their bikes and can't until next year when they can ride again.

McCray and Cahl got matching cowboy shirts for the big pioneer celebration. McCray picked them out. My boys are so handsome!!

In May my sisters Mere and Camille came to visit. It was really fun to have them here and we were sad to see them go. Here we are at the gator farm. Totally random to have a gator farm in the middle of southern colorado, I know!!
While my sisters were here we also went to the sand dunes. This was fun, it is like a beach. The kids had a lot of fun splashing and playing in the water. Here is Cahl and Noah at the " Dunes."
McCray and Makaylee loved the sand dunes. They pretended they were surfing. The water really came in waves and they loved it!! So, anyone who comes to visit, this is one place we will go. It is like a beach and the kids played for hours!

Last but not least, on May 2nd I ran the Shiprock 1/2 marathon, 13.1 miles. Shiprock is in New Mexico and is about 10 miles from the Arizona border. It is a Navajo reservation. It was a really fun race and the weather conditions were just perfect. My time was 2:13. I was happy with my time, I wanted to finish in under 2:15, so I met my goal. I think that I could have finished a lot quicker, but Mother Nature called a lot. Not my best race, but one I am definitely glad I ran. I also ran the BolderBoulder race on Memorial day. I don't have any pictures, but I finished in 57 minutes. This is also a very fun race and one I hope to run every year that I am able.

No comments: