Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sadie and Snow

So, about a year ago in August of 2008, I lost my little dog Sadie. She is a Schweenie, 1/2 shitzu 1/2 mini daschund. One day she was gone, and we looked all over Sanford for her and never found her. We thought either someone found her and kept her or the vultures got her. No joke, we really have vultures. For the last year we thought she was gone forever, and I was so sad. She is the best dog ever. Today as I was driving to pick-up McCray from preschool, I was driving down Main Street in Sanford and noticed a little dog along the side of the road. Ever since she disappeared last year, I have always kept my eye out, just in case. I looked again at this dog and I thought " that looks like my Sadie." I went a block and decided to turn around and get another look at this dog. I saw her playing in the snow and definitely decided it was her. I pulled over and opened by car door and called her and she came running over. It was my Sadie!! She was scraggly and dirty, and she had a collar on, so I am assuming that someone has been taken care of her for me. She came home with us and I gave her a bath and a haircut and she hasn't left my side since!! I truly can't believe it, after a year she is back again.


Yesterday it snowed all day. Logan didn't have to work so he built a snowman with the boys. It really was like winter yesterday, the first snow of the season, (sigh). It was a cozy day, we had a fire burning all day and we made chocolate chip cookies and had hot chocolate.

McCray making snow angels.
Cahl eating his first snow of the season, YUMMY!!! When McCray woke up he was so excited that it was snowing, he couldn't wait to get home from preschool and go out and eat it!! I don't know what it is about being a kid and eating snow. Seriously, I tried some yesterday, and it really wasn't that great. Just part of being a kid I guess.

3 comments:

Chera said...

That is so exciting!!! and crazy that you actually found her. She is a cute little thing.

Alli said...

Sno??? Not jealous, so NOT jealous. I was still wearing sandals and capri's last week. And I'm SOO glad you found little sadie dog! That's so wonderful! Pets can be annoying at times, but when you realize how much you loved them when they are gone...YEAH! Welcome home sadie dog!

Rachel said...

How awesome that you found your dog!!! What a cool story! Love all of the new pictures!