Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful for my woodstove


Winter is here in the San Luis Valley. Our lows at night are between 10 and 15 and the highs for the day time have been in the low 40's. It snowed on Monday, but it is almost all melted. This is like the third time this season that it has snowed. Anyway, in real winter it gets below zero at night and during the day the high is only like 20. I am thankful for our woodstove because it heats our house so well. If we didn't have it, then our energy bill would be like $600 a month, no joke. So, I am thankful for my woodstove that keeps our house so warm and the best husband who makes the best fires!!! Plus, hauling the wood in makes me strong, like the pioneers!!

2 comments:

KCJaques said...

Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked.... When kray kray gets older you will yell at him to stoke the fire. I can see it all now!

Does it Matter? said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe it's really you! I have thought about you so so many times over the past few years and I have wanted to talk to you so badly! I even wrote you a letter but that's a long story... Email me
katiestringham1@hotmail.com
You look great and I can't believe you have two boys! Adorable!